This traditional Chicken Soup Recipe has been handed down the generations. And now it´s here for you to enjoy in all its glory, with only the best ingredients.
No wonder our grandmothers would feed us this soup every time we suffered from a cold or flu. It works like magic!
5 benefits of Grandma’s Chicken Soup Recipe
Excellent for a winter cold and flu!
Has antiviral effects
Improves hydration and nutrients
Helps clear excess nasal mucous
- 1 Organic Chicken
- 3 large onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (best natural antibiotic out there)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 chopped parsnips
- 2 chopped turnips
- 12 large chopped carrots (tons of nutrients, super power food especially for treating skin conditions)
- 5 sticks of celery (good source of antioxidants and beneficial enzymes, in addition to Vitamin K, C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6)
- 1 handful of parsley (full of Vitamin C)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the chicken, place in a large pot of cold water and bring to the boil
- Chop into small pieces or in a blender all the ingredients then add all of them to the pot
- Boil for 1 and 1/2 hours with the lid on.
- Keep checking and remove the fat from the surface, as it accumulates
- You can choose to remove the chicken (can be used as a side dish) or shred off pieces of flesh and keep in the soup – it is up to you!