If your head and scalp itches and you see white flakes over your shoulders, then you have Dandruff!
This Natural homemade Anti-Dandruff Shampoo will help stop the scalp skin shedding and improve the circulation of the scalp.
Dandruff can be a very annoying condition to the scalp and occurs basically due to excessive shedding of skin cells.
The causes of Dandruff can be poor diet, dehydration, allergies, stress, detergent shampoos that contain harsh chemicals, poor circulation, yeast infections and more.
Dandruff can also lead to hair loss. So for those who have hair loss along with dandruff this shampoo can be very effective, deeply cleansing the scalp.
The ingredients for making this natural Anti-dandruff Shampoo, can all be purchased from the local supermarket & /or health food store.
Home Made Natural Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- ¼ cup liquid Castile Soap
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (Sweet Almond, Coconut or Grapeseed oil)
- 1 tablespoon Calendula oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Peppermint leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Rosemary leaves
- 3 drops of Eucalyptus oil
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the herbs and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the herbs and allow the liquid to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Store the shampoo an air-tight jar (in the fridge)
- When using, apply a generous amount to wet hair and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing. You could mix a few spoons of vinegar to the water for a final rinse.
Other remedies include:
- Regular use of Aloe Vera gel. Massage it in to your scalp and wash your hair.
- Mix the juice of a lemon with an oil of your choice, preferably coconut, massage it in your scalp and wash of the next day.
- A mixture of olive oil with equal parts of almond oil can be used as a hair mask. Warm the oils for maximum benefit.