Australia is so lucky to have fresh and delicious oysters growing along our coastal waters…especially Tassie Oysters! Oysters and other shellfish have the most zinc from any other food.
Oysters are also high in B12, Iron and Selenium. Each oyster contains between 5 – 9mg of zinc depending on its size which means it is a powerhouse of zinc! Let’s eat more of them while we can to improve our skin, immune system and libidos!
Oysters Asian Style Recipe
24 freshly shucked oysters
3 spring onions
1/4 cup (60ml) light soy sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons grated ginger
Coarse sea salt (optional), to serve
1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
- Cut the spring onion into thin strips, then place in a bowl of iced water. Stand for 10 minutes – the cold water will help the onion to curl up. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of salt, onto 4 small serving plates.
- Arrange 6 oysters on each plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with the curled onion and chilli, then serve immediately.
Other recipe: Delicious Vegan and Gluten Free Dahl