Artichokes are one of my favourite vegetables!
Benefits of Artichokes
- Excellent for liver health
- They purify the blood helping to remove toxins
- Lower the “bad” fats in the blood
- Amazing cleanser for all skin conditions!
Peas….everyone loves them! What can I say?
They’re easy to cook and taste wonderful.
Peas are full of goodness.
Benefits of Peas
- A high source of protein and potassium
- High in Vitamin A, B2, B1, B6, manganese and phosphorous
- High in fibre
Artichoke hearts & Peas Recipe
- 6 Artichoke Hearts
- 500g fresh or frozen peas
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (cold pressed virgin)
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Salt & Pepper as desired
- Wash the artichokes. Cut off the stem and peal off all the outside leaves until you find the heart inside.
- Shell and wash the peas if fresh.
- In a large saucepan, gently saute the spring onions in the oil until soft but not brown.
- Add the peas, salt, pepper and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the peas are half tender.
- Add the artichoke hearts and dill and simmer for about 15 mins more, or until the peas and artichoke hearts are tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with lemon juice. Shake the pan to blend the lemon juice all over.
- Add more sea salt & pepper as needed. Serve hot or cold.