Are you Guilty of Antibiotic Overload?
Know these facts before rushing to the pharmacy and getting antibiotics to fight Colds and Flu during Winter time.
- People who suffer from recurring infections may over-use antibiotic medications; demonstrated by research that shows antibiotics are more likely to be over-prescribed in patients who consider their symptoms a significant burden.
- Continual antibiotic use impacts the diversity of the good bacteria in the gut, which play a critical role in promoting immunity.
- Antibiotics can also cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and allergic reactions.
- Boosting immunity and restoring these beneficial bacteria can offer people a proactive path to break the never-ending cycle of sickness (especially in the winter months).
- Resistance to infection is also significantly influenced by self-belief, with current research demonstrating that optimistic attitudes and mental resilience promotes healing.
- Thus situations of chronic and recurring infections unresolved by mainstream medicine may lower mental resilience and perceived ability to heal. Self belief and positivity is crucial therefore in supporting and elevating the immune system.
- So instead of racing out to pick up the latest packet of Antibiotics, next time try some herbal remedies such Garlic, Turmeric, Horseradish, Onion, Echinacea, Golden Seal, Clove, Myrrh and Thyme just to name a few!