“Seaweed Salad with extra Sesame seed”
This seaweed and sesame seed salad with a hint of chilli, is an excellent recipe to eat if you are looking to help your thyroid or even loose some weight.
• Thyroid function
• Weight loss and metabolism
• Digestive system
• Regulates blood glucose levels so also good for diabetics
• Boost nutritional status with vitamins, minerals and all important “iodine”
- 28 g dried seaweed (Wakame type)
- 1 shallot ﬁnely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 pinch Chilli ﬂakes or 1/2 tsp fresh chopped chilli
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Rinse the seaweed then place in a bowl and soak in a large bowl of water. Wait about 10 min, until re-hydrated and tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl, except the sesame seeds. 3. Drain and gently squeeze the seaweed to remove excess water. Chop or cut up, using scissors, then add to the salad bowl.
4. Toss together and add more seasoning if necessary.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds then serve and enjoy.
An other healthy recipe: Okra : The superfood you didn’t know about