Gluten Free and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake Recipe!
Perfect Cake for the Gluten Intolerant!
Decadent Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe.
This Gluten free and dairy free chocolate cake is so easy to make! Friends and family will absolutely love it. It is one of the most moist cakes I have ever eaten. It has a lovely citrus wetness accompanied by a lightness that only a flour free cake will give you.
Ready to get comforted by this delicious indulgence? Here we go!
- 2 medium sized sweet oranges (approx 400g total weight)
- 6 eggs (free range)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 250g ground almond meal
- 200g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- Orange peel to decorate the top of the cake
1. Place the oranges into a pot of cold water. Boil and cook for 1/2 – 2hrs or until soft.
2. Drain and when cool, cut the oranges into quarters and remove the pips.
3. Pulp everything with a chopper or blender/food processor.
TIP: You could cook the oranges the night before so they’re ready to go
4. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
5. Butter and line a 20cm springform tin.
6. Add the eggs, baking powder, bicarb of soda, almond meal, sugar and cocoa to the orange pulp in the food processor.
7. Mix again until its a cohesive cake mixture but still quite knobbly with orange bits.
8. Pour and scrape into the cake tin.
9. Bake for 1 hour – (but check after 45 mins…don’t let it burn)
10. Tester should come out clean.
* Leave the cake to cool in the tin.
* Decorate the top with thin strips or curls of orange peel or coarsely grated orange zest
Enjoy….you’ll love it!