Fluoride – Friend or Foe?
Did you know that fluoride in toothpaste can be a cause and trigger of some skin ailments?
For example perioral dermatitis and also rosacea in women both can be caused by the use of fluoride toothpaste. When the toothpaste is stopped and replaced with a fluoride-free toothpaste, the symptoms disappear.
Fluoride can also cause mouth ulcers “canker sores”, along with inflammation of the stomach “stomatitis” and other digestive disorders.
Poisoning from fluoride is kept pretty hush hush, because as you can understand it is a multi-billion dollar business because it’s something people do every day – clean their teeth and buy a LOT of toothpaste. American Dr Edward Group says “Fluoride is one of the most toxic substances known to man”.
In the US, the FDA in 1997, ordered manufacturers to disclose a Poison Warning on their fluoride toothpastes sold in the US. The warning reads: “Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control centre immediately.”
Side Effects and Symptoms of a Fluoride Allergy
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
- Weight gain
- Lowered IQ in children
- Vision problems
- Joint pain
- 97% of Europe has removed fluoride from their drinking water.
- The Centre of Disease Control and Prevention states that the effects of fluoride are not effectively delivered through ingestion (ie drinking water) but through topical application.
Treatment of a Fluoride Allergy or Sensitivity
- Install a water filter to remove the fluoride and other harmful chemicals in the water such as chlorine and arsenic.
- Change your toothpaste to a “Fluoride Free” natural brand or make your own (see DIY Recipe)
- Do not use Mouthwashes as many contain fluoride along with colourings and other chemicals
My Top 5 Fluoride Free Toothpaste Alternatives
- Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Toothpaste
- Red Seal Baking Soda Toothpaste
- Red Seal Herbal Toothpaste
- Grants Mild Mint with Aloe Vera Toothpaste
- DIY Home-Made toothpaste (see link)
Fluoride is toxic – plain and simple.
In relation to skin health, it can be a major contributor to many stubborn skin diseases that mainstream medicine just can’t work out why or how to treat. Subtle and insidious poisoning over time can not only take its toll on the skin, but also on every part of the human body.
It’s time we replaced our toothpaste to Fluoride Free and said NO to adding fluoride to tap water!